Event Planning Services
You have a vision for an event. Making that vision a reality with an event that achieves its highest potential is what we do for our clients every day.
KU Professional & Continuing Education's team of professional planning and management experts have decades of combined experience supporting KU faculty and associated organizations with their academic events. Our professional services are available for a wide range of events, such as international short courses, large national conferences, half-day campus workshops or executive seminars in our state-of-the-art conference rooms. If you're ready to start planning, call the number below for an appointment or for more information about all of the options available to you.
The following are some of the services our professional staff can provide:
- Online registration services
- Credit card processing
- Confirmation letters, parking information and maps
- Credit for and documentation of attendance of noncredit events
- Visit our registration page for more information.
- Marketing services and needs assessment
- Mailing list identification and management
- Mailing services
- Publication services including layout, design, printing of brochures, programs, call for papers, and proceedings
- Public communication and news media management, including news releases
- Targeted email
- Website design and management
- Development and printing of instructional materials, signage, and other materials
- Visit our marketing page for more information.
Finance & Policy Management
- Budget preparation and planning
- Financial management and accounting
- Bill processing and payment
- Speaker contracting and expense reimbursement
- Visit our financial policy page for more information.
- Logistics management including contracting for hotels and transportation
- Consultation and coordination with sponsors and committees
- On-site management
- Audio/video management
- Program assistance in development of agendas, timelines, and planning committee preparation
- Speaker identification, contracting, and coordination
- Poster session management
- Special program management including committee meetings, preconference workshops, and tours
- Distance electronic delivery of live conference activity
- Documentation of instruction and materials through use of DVDs, CDs, and other formats
- Evaluation and assessment of events and activities
- Visit our program planning page for more information.
Pre- and Post-Event Services
- Committee Support
- Evaluation Report
- Financial Closing